- Registration period : within 90 days of entry
- foreigners who are granted permission of stay or permission for staus change
when they are granted thr permission
- Document to attach : foreigner registration / application form / passport / 1 color picture (3X4 cm) /
Other documents required for each status of stay fee : KRW 10,000
- Submission of application for foreigner registration : Immigration office or branch office under relevant jurisdictions
- Issuance of foreigner registration card : registration as foreigner affixed to passport
Those eligible for foreigner registration
- Exceptions to foreigner registration
A Korean who lost Korean nationality and acquired foreign nationality or a foreigner born in Korea, who are granted permission to stay in Korea and intend to sojourn in Korea for more than 90 days after the day they receive the permission.
- Foreigner registration is exempted for foreigners that fall under the following categories.
- Those who carry out diplomacy or official business and their family members (A-1, A-2, A-3).
- Foreigners that the Korean Minister of Justice finds unnecessary to register as a foreigner.
- Canadian nationals staying in Korea less than 6 months, who intend to engage in the following activities Culture/Arts (D-1), Religious Work (D-6), Visit & Stay with Family (F1), Family Dependency (F-3), others (G-1).
Period of foreigner registration
- Foreigners intending to stay in Korea for more than 90 days within 90 days after entry.
- Foreigners who are granted permission to stay in Korea or permission to change their status of stay immediately after they are granted permission.
Ex) A Canadian national holding B-2 (Tourist/Transit) visa who wished to apply for change in his/her status of stay after 5 months sojourn in Korea must register upon application.